Friday, November 20, 2015

Video Call

Yesterday in class we had a video call with Kevin Beaty. Kevin is a freelance photographer who went to Lake Norman Charter middle school and went to Hopewell. We spoke to him about his education and what he has done to get to the point he is at now. He gave us an insight on how he views the education system, but I feel like he still owes a lot to the stuff he learned in college. Although Kevin is into photography and documentaries, he told us that he actually doesn't have s strong social media presence. Kevin posts a picture of the day, but he made it sound like he would much rather make a handmade product that would stand out more to his clients. This discussion told me that doing stuff on social media will not get me very far considering the very low amount of followers I have. Since I am doing an equipment drive at school, I feel like contacting people face to face and making the message clear throughout the school will work better than just posting something on Twitter. To encourage involvement I feel like the best way to go about it would be the old fashion way (actually talking to people). Advertising my equipment drive verbally to teachers and asking them to tell their students would be a simple way to do it. Along with the flyers and banners I think it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment