Friday, January 29, 2016

Passion Project Update


This last week I have made some progress on my baseball equipment drive. Blake and I went and met up with Vince Chelena to pick up the large bins and banners for the drive. While we were picking up the materials from the warehouse, Blake got a little footage of the process that can be used for our service via video project. I also finalized the dates for the equipment drive and contacted administration in the high school and middle school. I have recieved confirmation for announcements to be made at the high school, but no response yet from the middle school. It has only been one day so I think I can wait a little for the response. 
I am going to set up the collection bins outside the main office at the highschool and middle school. I am doing this just incase somebody tries to steal any stuff out of there (I doubt anyone will, but just to be safe). I also had one of my classmates make a really good flyer to promote the drive. I'll need to scatter those around the school and ask teachers if they can advertise them a little in class. I'll also need to ask some of my old teachers from middle school to advertise the drive to their students. I don't think flyers make an impact unless someone actually advertises them in class. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress! I would definitely ask if the drivce can be announced in each class. It will have a bigger impact. I have some baseball stuff that I could definitely donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to announce your drive to all my classes! I'm sure teachers would put flyers or reminders on their boards. You're really making some great progress lately... exciting!

    ReplyDelete